Monday, July 2, 2007

Outrage!!!!!!


Apart from Sonic Bloom I had not officially had a night out in Boulder. This past Saturday was to be my first night out with my new girlfriends, we were going to see Matthew play at the Fox, then head to Trilogy and then off to the Family party with my girl Ana Sia playing.
It all went well for a while, I can say that the people in Colorado are some of the nicest, most amazing people that I've had the pleasure knowing.
We get to the late night party and everyone is having a great time, nice beats and a beautiful night.
Very late night around 4;30ish 5 there was talk of a guy that had taken too much lsd and split his head open. My friend went to the scene first and I followed. I've seen this before and I had hoped to help.
It was pretty bad, in fact I had never seen anyone this messed up before. The poor guy was being held on the ground by all of us because he was thrashing and screaming so bad. We were all attempting to talking him down which might have eventually happened but the gash on his head was so bad, bad to wear you could see white, not flesh.
someone made the decision to call the paramedics because his head needed treatment immediately and the thrashing on the ground was not making it better only worse.
So instead of the medical help we need we get the Boulder police. They come onto the scene acting like they own it unaware of actually what is going on. The presence of family was beginning to calm him down a little bit and it was important that we stay there but the police told us to get away, some of us resisted but in the end we moved away like we were told. Immediately after we let go and moved away he started screaming and thrashing around, his safety net was gone and he felt scared and alone. Thinking back now I can't even imagine the dark space he must of been in,it had to be so frightening. when he started thrashing around again the police jumped on him, there was no kindness towards his situation, they kept yelling at him to calm down but the thing is he was so far away right now. More police showed up and then finally the paramedics. The paramedics were kept back because he was thrashing so much and all of us family were kicked out of the room. There were huge windows into the room which we all moved to to see what was going on.
what we saw next I have never seen in my entire life of throwing and attending parties. The poor soul was having major problems and instead of holding him down (there were 5 police int eh room by now) to have the paramedics give him a sedative they began to taze him with a tazer!!!!! He was screaming in pain and also controlled by the drug and it made him go even crazier. Let me remind you he had a HEAD WOUND, a large one and by now there was blood all over the floor and the walls. There was Boulders finest not even protecting at all just hurting a poor person who was already in so much pain who was no threat to anyone but himself. People were screaming and crying at the fact that we were witnessing such brutallity on someone who only needed help. as of my count the tazed him 12 times!!!!!! 12 TIMES people!! what kind of world do we live in where things like this happen? They finally let the paramedics come in and they got him on the stretcher to take him to the hospital. The police didn't even take the taze wires out of him! Afterward the police were all outside laughing and commenting on how many times they tazed him.
What the Fuck!!!!!! I've never in my life seen anything like this, what happened to protecting and serving? Now it's brutality and pain.
I am apalled that this even happened in front of our eyes. It makes me disgusted with the world I live in and also give me the fire to make this a better place. If you know of anything that can be done to make this situation right please let me know. we must work together as a community and a family to have change happen in this world
The picture was taken as they were tazing him, we were all out of the room by then but looking through the windows.

No comments: