Saturday, July 7, 2007

Colorado

My first couple of weeks in Colorado almost seem like a dream. It has gone by so fast yet barely moved. It's been a blur of people younger than me and a lot of jam bands and reggae. I can't help feeling old here even though I'm only 28. Everyone is in college or just out. There are different dreams and ideals. I see myself a little more tired and jaded than the people around me but maybe that is a good thing, makes me see that I don't need to feel that way. A healer that I know told me that she she's me being here for a long time. At first I balked at the suggestion, Colorado was only a stopping point nothing more but the more I think about it I cannot limit myself in any way to any experience. Staying here doesn't seem to fit but neither does going back to San Francisco. Maybe I need to meet more people my age, get involved in something that moves my soul. There are good people here and they don't seem to put up a front like people in SF. The pain that I left behind is still there circling my heart but I don't face it everyday like I used to. I have the advantage of working on it without being consumed by it. I need to give my life a chance to show me what my path is, not to fight it anymore, not to control it. I need to let go, to learn how to fly.

No comments: