Wednesday, February 1, 2012


What kind of paradise am I looking for?
So many years I've spent learning to swan dive into the shallow end. The challenges I've faced have turned the corners of my heart brittle, dried leaves ready to break in the wind. I've moved through the last week with reckless abandon. Throwing caution to the wind and sailing through fog. It's the first time in a long while that my actions don't make sense. I thought I knew what I wanted but now all I cradle is more questions. In the middle of right and wrong there is a desire that I cannot name that will not last. I've dreamed of distant countries, places where no one knows my name. I would like to take one from the old life with me. One who would always remind me of my name and who will walk beside me in unconditional friendship. Then again I'm just a dreamer and all these are are words. I must close my eyes and hope that I fly because I cannot have a fear of falling any longer.

No comments: