Monday, September 27, 2010


I never really thought about how it started. I walked away when it ended. No expectations for the future. I can promise nothing to anyone and after all this time I still can't feel that one quadrant of my heart. He reminded of the definition in Hesiod. Instead of a state of confusion it was meant in Greek mythology as the initial state of the universe. The abyss from which life came from. Just by the sheer coincidence of his name each moment with him was a reminder that this is a new life. I must learn to be more fluid like water because change is the only thing I can count on. From him came a friendship that I will always cherish. Someone to hold when others didn't feel safe. I sit and think of roads in this indian summer night. Sweat clinging to every pore, memories fading into dreams. I smile, kiss the wind, and whisper my secrets to ghosts. Sultry dreams of late night rendezvous brings the smell of the dry dust to my nose. I don't posses a single ounce of regret for it was all I wanted and all I needed at once. And if happens to come again sweeping me up into it's illusion of disorder I will drink it deep like it's water from a fountain that pours from the earth. The times made that empty part a bit more bearable and for that I'm eternally grateful.

No comments: