Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A year ago


A year ago the temple crew moved into the American Steel warehouse in Oakland to turn Shrine's vision into a reality for all to enjoy at Burning Man last year. In a couple weeks the temple crew will reunite one last time to re-build the temple's little cousin, the tasseograph, at it's final resting place in Marin. When the task is completed there will be a night of telling stories around a fire, drinking libations, and seeing each other as a group for the last time. My heart swells at the thought of this. The temple changed my life and I will always be grateful for the experience that I had there. I was given the option to tell Brandon myself which I took. I'm not sure if I want him there, he blongs of course but I don't know if I can stomach it. The temple was our baby, we gave so much of ourselves to it. Who knows what will happen in life.

No comments: