Friday, February 22, 2008

love and heaven

Lately I have been wondering about love, being in love, loving one another. My friend Amy and her partner Jay just celebrated 10 years of being together. Their story is inspiring to me since many people do not make it past a year these days. Love is the most important ingredient for a long lasting partnership but they also require work, trust, and about a 100 other things. Lately the real world has slammed down hard on my relationship. School, work, and obligations do not leave us the time to stare into each others eyes like we used to. The shift made me wonder if something was wrong but then I realized that life is a cycle, relationships are cycles. The only constant in life is change. We must learn to be fluid in our lives and keep the faith that our cycles have purpose and meaning. I wake up next to the man I love everyday and that is a gift. The business of our lives will mellow out sometime soon and we can have fun adventures again but of course busy times will be back and gone again. It has been humbling to be in a relationship that I do not want to run from, that I do not place blame on the other person for challenges. I guess I've grown up in a sense and also met the right person to grow with. I've learned that not everything can go as planned and that love is the strongest force of them all.

No comments: