Sunday, November 4, 2007

changes


The time that I've spent so far in California seems to have blended into one, long hazy dream. Times on the north coast seeing the most beautiful sunsets I've seen in a while, meeting new people and getting to know not so well know ones. It was an experience that I'm actually missing and I look forward to getting back to. Talking for hours, laughing, watching the sunrise, it all makes sense out there and not only does it make sense, it's required. You can't do this kind of thing without those crucial parts woven through.
A small crush turned into a semi reality, I got to know one certain cat more than I did and he was everything I didn't expect him to be. A surprise that holds it's own lessons in living in the moment and the knowledge that you never know where your life is going to go and it might not go exactly where you want but somewhere close. The one thing that I do know for certain is that it has been a LONG time since I've been able to sit and talk with someone for hours like him. To share similar dreams for your life and the future, energy moving between but you are not exactly sure what the outcome will be. He was a surprise in my vision for my trip out west, but a good surprise.
San Francisco has been a bit of a challenge. I became ill last week and spent some days laying in bed, taking up a lot of space in my very close friends room. He's been an angel to me but I think it's time that we had a little space between us for a couple of days now that I am starting to feel better. San Francisco can close in on you when you least expect it, make you want to run for the mountains or make you want to never leave. My friends made a slip n slide today in Alamo Square. It was hilarious to see grown up dressed like super heroes sliding down a slip n slide in the middle of the city with a DJ providing us with a sound track, laughter filling in the blanks. It was a lovely afternoon and made me miss the city so much. Tomorrow I'm off to Tahoe to see what becomes of the moon and the cat in this next tale of the life of palinor.

No comments: