Sunday, August 3, 2008

crushed

I had a horrific event happen tonight. I was driving to the store to get a little something for dinner. The road to my house is windy and dark, lots of trees and wildlife. I was going slow and out of the corner of my eye I saw a kitty. I was thinking what a cute kitty it was when it ran in front of me. I slammed on my brakes but was too late, I ran him over. I pulled over to the side of the road and ran over to him. He was dying and in shock. I picked him up and carried him to the side of the road. There was blood coming out of his mouth, his little collar with a bell on it was been thrown to the side in the accident. It had to be the most traumatic thing thats ever happened to me. I love cats, love them to pieces and to see this poor little kitty dying because I hit him. His family will be wondering what happened to him. I wish he had a tag with a number. I left him by the side of the road, I sat in my car and cried for an hour. Pain just poured out of me. Brandon is going to make a little box for him and we are going to find his owners tomorrow.
I was so excited about leaving for Burning Man and Basura Sagrada, now I feel just sad and hopeless.

No comments: