Thursday, April 3, 2008

Love, Stars, and all that


When I was young I used to believe that once you found the love of your life that you would live together happily forever and ever. I never wanted to accept that along with the joy that relationships were work. There were many times I would have rather run away that work on something that I believed should just naturally work all the time. It wasn't really until now that I realized that I have something worth working for. As I approach my 30th year of life I see that in order to function in a healthy relationship there is give and take on both side. getting to know that person for better and worse and being gentle because you are both learning all the time. I was sitting at work today watching the clouds roll by over the tree covered mountain when the thought of having a child popped into my head. I'm not sure if I ever want children but after today I know that if I was going to it would be with Brandon. That in it's self says so much about my love for him. Everyday it grows deeper. I come more and more out of the shell I built around me heart to trust him that he really does love me for everything I am and I do not have to change a single thing about myself. No one has ever loved me unconditionally before besides my family. It's an experience that is both scary and exhilarating. I can only hope that it will last for the rest of my years on this earth, I cannot think of a better way to live life than with him.

No comments: